Social Media Marketing Campaigns and Consultation Services
In recent years Social Media has become the one of the biggest Buzz Words in internet marketing. And the hype is real! Social media is an excellent online tool for creating buzz, online activity and ultimately increasing the visibility or your brand and website.
In its infancy, Social Media was considered to be a traffic generating tool more suitable for individuals, and not so much for businesses or corporations.
Social Media is not Just for Individuals Anymore
Websites such as youtube.com, facebook.com and linkedin.com were all initially driven by individuals. However, it did not take long for forward thinking entrepreneurs, business owners and marketing executives to figure out how to use websites like these to promote their products and services.
The combination of Advertising and Social Media has resulted in an incredible explosion that has dramatically changed the landscape of Internet Marketing forever. The Sleeping Giant of Internet Marketing is now awake, and it will continue grow and morph into an even bigger beast as time moves on.
Social Media Activity has Surpassed Search Engine Activity
One of the most notable indicators of this shift in Internet marketing is the recent news that Facebook has actually surpassed Google in U.S. internet traffic. There are now more website visits to Facebook.com than there are to Google.com.
Here is a Short List of Outstanding Social Media Facts
- By the end of 2010, Generation Y will out-number the Baby Boomers, and 96% of Generation Y have joined a social network.
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met thru a social media website.
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 4th largest between the United States and Indonesia, Facebook now has over 300 million users.
- Over 300,000 business now have a presence on Facebook.
- Burger King turned a $50,000 social media campaign on Facebook into 32 million ad impressions.
- Blendtec, makers of mixers and blenders quintupled their sales in 1 year with viral videos on Youtube.
- 25% of The Ford Motor Company’s marketing budget is spent on Social Media Campaigns; Ford is the ONLY U.S. auto company that did not take a government loan.
There are many more impressive fact about the impact of social media on business websites, but the simply truth is that social media works! It is the digital evolution of “word of mouth” advertising and its price tag comes in at a fraction of what you would spend on tradition forms of marketing.
Turbo Charge Your Internet Marketing with Social Media!
Here at WebChurn, we have our finger on the pulse Social Media Marketing. We are executing and developing custom strategies for our clients every day to increase their online visibility in this Medium.